sábado, 24 de março de 2012

Danny Kaye (3)

Danny Kaye – Hans Christian Andersen (1952)

Shared by David. Thanks, honey.

01 - I'm Hans Christian Andersen
02 - Anywhere I Wander
03 - The Ugly Duckling
04 - Inchworm
05 - Thumbelina
06 - No Two People (duet with Jane Wyman)
07 - The King's New Clothes
08 - Ballin' The Jack
09 - Manic Depressive Presents Lobby Number (Parts 1 & 2)
10 - Anatole Of Paris
11 - Popo The Puppet
12 - Wonderful Copenhagen
 
Decca Records (LP) DL-5433
 
Accompanied by Gordon Jenkins with his Orchestra and Chorus
 
Danny Kaye was born as David Daniel Kaminski on January 18, 1913 in Brooklyn, NY. He died on March 3, 1987 in Los Angeles, CA, aged 74.

DANNY KAYE - AT THE PALACE (1957)

Shared by Jon. Thanks a lot. Great album.

That's what Jon wrote in his e-mail:

I was inspired by last week's Danny Kaye posting to share one of my favorites. I could find no information about this album. Despite the title it's not live. But it is funny & charming -- I hope you enjoy it. Jon

1. Anatole Of Paris
2. The Peony Bush
3. Ballin' The Jack
4. Madam, I Love Crepe Suzette
5. Mad Dogs and Englishmen
6. I've Got A Lovely Bunch Of Cocoanuts
7. I Belong To Glasgow-Good Old 149-Tschaikowsky
8. Lobby Number
9. Hula Lou
10. Triplets
11. Not Since Nineven

DANNY KAYE - ENTERTAINS (1950)

01.The Princess Of Pure Delight
02.One Life To Live
03.Molly Malone
04.It's Never Too Late To Mendelssohn
05.Jenny
06.My Ship
07.Tschaikowsky
08.The Frim Fram Sauce

Danny Kaye's second LP gives him more freedom than his debut, as he goes through a brace of numbers that made him famous on the radio and in his early movies; most notably &"Tchaikowsky." Paired with its predecessor, this is the tamest, most accessible side of Kaye's public persona, and also more sophisticated than some of the more overt comedy records for which he subsequently became more famous. Bruce Eder, Rovi

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário