sábado, 24 de março de 2012

Donna Hightower (2)

DONNA HIGHTOWER - TAKE ONE! (With Ben Webster, 1959)

For Bob.


Perfida
Maybe You'll Be There
Lover, Come Back To Me
There I've Said It Again
Because of You
Please Don't Take Your Love Away from Me
C'Est La Vie
Too Young
Baby, Get Lost
I Get A Kick Out of You
Anytime, Anyday, Anywhere
Trouble in Mind

Donna Hightower (vo)
Joe Wilder (tp)
Ben Webster (ts)
Mundell Lowe (g)
Hank Jones (p)
George Duvivier (b)
Don Lamond (ds)

DONNA HIGHTOWER - GEE BABY, AIN'T I GOOD TO YOU? (1959)

1- Everyday I Have the Blues
2- Gee, Baby Ain't I Good to You
3- All or Nothing at All
4- I Laughed to Keep from Crying
5- Lonesome and Sorry
6- The First to Know
7- The Blues Don't Care
8- Can't Help it
9- Born to be Blue
10- I'll be Around
11- A Cottage for Sale
12- I'm Alone Because I Love You

"Little" Donna Hightower had a dynamic, big voice and made some fine shouting records for Decca and RPM in the '50s. Unfortunately, she never landed any hits, but that wasn't due to any lack of skill. She not only had range and power, but was equally compelling doing sentimental, soft ballads. She was backed by the orchestras of Horace Henderson and Maxwell Davis on the Decca and RPM material, respectively. Ron Wynn

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário